Tuesday, June 22, 2010

From Devonport to Melbourne and Geelong but not back again....

By Tim and Ray.

Ok so Dad began his trip driving from Tasmania to Victoria and came over on the ferry from Devonport
Heres a photo of the bus on board the Spirit of Tasmania I at the start of the trip.  There was another Mazda T3500 motorhome parked right behind.



I caught the Skybus from Melbourne airport to the Southern Cross bus exchange and Dad picked me up from there. Unfortunately I hadn't slept more than 2 hours in 24 so I wasn't so keen on taking any photos.  Anyway after we sorted out my 13 tonne wheeless bag in the bus we programmed the gps and made our way down to the lovely region of victoria called the Mornington Penninsula and our dear friends Albert and Kay.

These are the photos I managed to take while we experienced the magnificent hospitality of Albert and Kay.

This first one is of a port on the peninnsula where an old oberon class submarine is kept but apparently doesnt get used because of some public complaints about it... not sure what they are.  The second is of dad and Albert on he way back to the car... how exciting!!


 The pic below is of Albert after I had a 5 min chat to him about the intricacies of global terrorism... I did try to say interesting things but I think I failed lol.

Anyway at this stage we are going to meet up with Albert and Kay at Torrumbarry Weir which is on the Murray River, we might get some fishing in then YaY!!

So we left their lovely abode this morning (Tuesday) and made our way to Geelong here are some of the photos from that short trip.

 




The pic below attracted Tim's attention.  Something about the name of the road??



The approach to the Western Gate Bridge.


Then we were shown around Geelong by Barry  VK3MBW and Sandra in the pic below.

 
 

Mmmm?  Tim posing on Cunningham Pier.  Showoff!!  I think he might have been fishingfor something, but I'm not sure what??

 

Deakin University, Geelong.  This was built inside a former Dalgety wool store.

 

Tim found this shiela on the beach  I reckon that she might have the hots for him.. She had those "come to bed eyes."

 

This one is of North Shore looking towards Alcoa, across Corio Bay.

 

This one is of the Beach at Torquay, south of Geelong.



One of the main streets of Geelong.


 My dad and I would like to thank Barry and Sandra for their kind hospitality and for allowing us to stay at their house having only  just met us.  It's great to finally meet people who I've only spoken to on the radio.  Such great people too..

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! I see that Tim found the blue bikini he was after on the wooden beach babe lol. Look forward to reading more!! Love you Tim, hope your enjoying it all!!!!

    LoveLove xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, awesome pictures, although I do hope that (if in fact) Timbo was able to pick up the babe the he at least wore protection... Don't want splinters mate lol

    ReplyDelete